Forex Earn moneyForex Earn moneyForex Earn moneyForex Earn money

Thursday 20 September 2007

How do I afford $25000 for complete flight training? -

Is it really hard to earn that money by part time job in highschool or college?|::::|It s not so hard to earn it, but it isn t easy to save that much money toward flying unless you already have a pretty good full-time job or you are willing to live like a monk and reduce your living expenses to a minimum. Take advantage of living at home as long as you can. Once you re out on your own it s a lot harder. Training loans are one way to go, but I actually did it on my own by living in my beat up old van for a couple years instead of paying rent. I also worked part-time restaurant jobs that offered free meals, and other part-time at jobs that paid more money than the restaurants. I paid for the private license and part of the commercial-instrument certificates doing that before I got smart and got a loan for my own plane instead of paying high rental prices. All it took was a bit of steady work history and good credit. The payments on a plane were actually less than the payments would have been on a loan for flight training. My own plane allowed me to build flight time when and where I wanted (including some coast-to-coast trips) at my own convenience, plus I built considerably more flight time than I would have received through a traditional flight course. I actually recovered a lot of my costs when I sold the plane. It s something worth considering. By the way, $25,000 isn t going to get you very far unless you do 95% of your flight training in a 2 seat airplane such as a Cessna 152. If you plan on getting multi-engine and flight instructor ratings, it s going to cost you a lot more. Without being an instructor there aren t many jobs that can employ low-time new commercial pilots. Most schools that qualify for flight training loans are often far more expensive than those that don t. Do your research. P.S. While it s to be expected, the idiot(s) who thumbs-down this answer are either quot;wannabesquot; or never had to work hard for anything in their life, such as becoming a professional pilot or getting a college degree entirely on their own. At least my answers are truthful and come from hard-earned life experience.|::::|It might be good to start out getting your pilot s license through a flying club where you will pay less per hour, can pay as you go, and often can work there part time (answering phones, etc then apply that money to your flying lessons). For example at Golden State Flying Club in San Diego it is roughly $150 an hour for one hour of plane rental and the instructors time. You need 35 hours minimum to get your Private Pilots License. Once you have that you can move on and get your Instrument, Commercial, and ATP ratings. Not all flying club s are equal. It is best to find one that is Part 141 certified as they will have ground school and other classes so you can move along faster.|::::|Agree with Ben Dere I went the same route as far as ownership vs rental but I looked for a school I could lease back my Archer II I actually made money doing this. And it paid for a lot of my expenses. If you go this route the airplane has to be one that people want to rent mine had a Garmin IFR certified GPS/com Stack . Hey wait a minuet this is the only legal way for a private pilot to make money in Aviation.|::::|If you have a degree, the military will pay for your flight training. If not ROTC will pay for school while you go to college, and u can try for a pilot slot after school. And if you do that, you get to fly the fun jets!|::::|Hi, if you look in any of the pilot magazines there are plenty of flying schools that offer loan programs, when you get a Pilots job you can pay the loan off.|::::|There are a lot of loan options that you could take. It s just like taking out a loan for college. Part of that money you could earn by a part time job, but you should also seriously consider loans

No comments:

Post a Comment