Forex Earn moneyForex Earn moneyForex Earn moneyForex Earn money

Saturday 15 September 2007

How do I tell my parents they canamp;#39;t tell me what to do with my money? -

Okay, I get my allowance by cleaning the house, washing the car, and doing a few other things to EARN my allowance. I also babysit and get a lot of money from that from other people. I go shopping VERY often. Maybe it comes up once or twice that I want probably 5 dollars from my parents to add on to the money I already have to buy something I want. But other times I earn my money and buy the things I want with MY money. Now they re telling me I can t spend any of it and I ask why and their just like quot;If you don t want to be in trouble I d let it go right now.quot; I get so pissed off. Especially because it s the money I earn and I want to buy things and I was brought up as a kid with fancy things. Btw we are not in any financial difficulty or anything like that. They re just being stubborn. Sorry if I sound like a spoiled brat to whoever reads this but it is my money not theirs. How do I tell them they can t tell me what to do with my money?|::::|Maybe they are trying to teach you to save your money. You said you went shopping quot;VERY oftenquot;, after all.|::::|technically its not your money if your parents give it to you and even if its allowance its kinda their money, Sorry Im not agreeing with you but they want what is best for you!|::::|I suppose they want to teach you how to be responsible with handling and saving money. Show some maturity in the way you handle money and maybe they will give you spending power again.|::::|well if you truly want to spend your money, maybe open your own bank account and manage all your own bills and what not. tell them that-|::::|Yes, you do sound like a spoiled brat. They are probably trying to teach you some valuable life lessons but YOU are to stubborn to take heed. They do not HAVE to give you any money and can still make you do chores and stuff around the house. You are lucky your parents can even afford to give you an allowance. Keep acting the way you are acting, maybe they will take your allowance away all together and tell you that you can no longer babysit. How would you feel then?|::::|By showing them that you are an adult. Remove the emotion, and quot;they saidquot; and quot;I can tquot; - sit them down, and in a calm and level presentation, state your case. They are probably trying to teach you financial responsibility, and the value of money, so you won t blow your rent on a pair of jeans when you move out, and end up on the street. Agree with them that half your money should go into a savings account (or debit account), but the other half, you get to spend.|::::|wow!! well you should just say this is my money and you can t do anything about it or talk to someone about it like a teacher or a relative that is close to your parents like your best friend s mother something like that you can just ask a grown up person you know if you can buy something from the internet. stand up to your parents and say you won t care if you get in trouble because it s your money and you can t do anything about it you can threaten them by saying you will call child services?|::::|first off, you gotta be respectful, or they aren t going to listen to you. try saving up your money for a little while, so that when there is something that you want to buy, you won t have to ask them for any money at all. and don t spend it all at once, keep a certain percentage in savings, you won t regret it. my parents used to make me put 30% of everything i made into savings and said i couldn t touch it until i was 18, and i had a decent amount of money built up + interest and had enough for the down payment and insurance deductible for a brand new car. your parents are wiser than you, and they don t want to see you just throwing away your money. talk to them about how you agree to put some away, but you want to work out an amount that you are allowed to guiltlessly spend as well.|::::|First you sound like you earn a lot of money and then you need to beg five dollars from your parents. It would seem easy for you just to wait until you earned that extra five before you spend it. It sounds like your parents 1. Want you to learn about saving money. 2. Worry that you are spending it on dumb things. Either way the saving part is not bad. It will give you a nest-egg for future purchases like college or a car. See if your parents will be more flexible if you are setting aside half of your earnings in a saving account. They should let you be a little wild with the rest. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment