Forex Earn moneyForex Earn moneyForex Earn moneyForex Earn money

Thursday 27 September 2007

Is it safe to trust banks with our money in this economy? -

I don t have a lot of money or anything, I live paycheck to paycheck. I do have a small amount of money from a very small inheritance which I have in cash. I was going to put it in the bank but didn t feel comfortable about that given the economy. Even though each depositer is insured by the FDIC for $100K, is that really safe if something happens and we hit a depression or something? I d rather have the cash in my hands than in a bank. On the other hand, if everyone pulls their money out of the banks, the banking system will fail, right? I keep only enough to pay bills with in my checking account, the rest is here with me. Am I paranoid? Its not like the little bit of cash I have will earn tons of interest but it is safe sitting here with me...well, unless someone breaks into my house LOL|::::|It is safe if you are worried put part in 2-3 banks they won t all fail the same day.|::::|Name a single bank that pays interest on deposits where that interest rate exceeds the inflation rate. Now is an excellent time to enter the stock market. It is weak and getting weaker as Obama nears the commencement of his presidency. Look up the term, quot;Selling shortquot; and enjoy the market.|::::|Nobody has lost any insured money in this mess. When the bank fails, the FDIC comes in, closes the doors Friday evening, and on Monday morning, the bank is open under FDIC control. There were more people making deposits than withdrawls, even after FDIC took over IndyBank.|::::|yes ur being paranoid! The economy NEEDS money in banks! DEPOSIT UR CHECKS and keep America strong!|::::|I like to keep a few hundred in cash just in case of natural disasters. If something bad were to happen then our credit cards would be useless and cash would be king once again. No one that has had less than 100K has ever lost any money when a bank failed. It is now insured up to 150K. It is good to think about but banks are what make the world go round. Banks lend to businesses who in turn buy from suppliers then you buy from them and it wouldn t be possible if we didn t keep our money in banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment